Goat cheese dip with homemade pita chips
The easiest appetiser you will make and did I mention it’s s crazy ‘lick the plate clean’ good. It’s perfect for parties and to take to parties. I first saw this appetiser when one of my friends brought it to a go — away party we attended. I was very curious at what she was doing. She had brought everything to the party and put it all together in my friends kitchen. It was perfect and devoured so fast!
very simple to put together quickly if you have unexpected guests
Simple ingredients that just totally work perfectly together and also very simple to put together quickly if you have unexpected guests and of course have all these ingredients handy. I have made it so many times and it’s always a hit and there’s never any left over. People even request it when I’m invited over. It’s simple, addictively good and a total crowd pleaser. What more could you want from an appetiser?
I serve it with pita chips, either store bought or homemade ones. If I was buying them back home I would always get Stacey’s simply naked sea salt pita chips but I haven’t seen those here too often and sometimes the price is not worth getting stuff like that here anyways. That’s why i just make them. They are super easy to make and customisable. The pita chips I find are the best choice because they have the perfect crunch and are sturdy enough to dip into and scrape the goodness off the plate. This would work well as a spread for a good crispy baguette as well though. It also works well licking it off a spoon too. So feel free to use any means you want to get it off the serving plate. No judgments here.
Goat cheese dip recipe
- 10 oz plain goat cheese
- 4-5 of tomatoes chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you want it) minced or grated
- 4 tbsp of olive oil (more if needed)
- 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a serving tray of your liking crumble the goat cheese evenly
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oil and vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, spoon over goat cheese and drizzle with more olive oil and balsamic if you want the goat cheese to be a little more wet or marinated.
- Serve with pita chips and enjoy!!
Pita chip recipe
- 6-8 pitas (white, whole wheat or gluten free) sliced into triangle
- 1⁄4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine oil and salt and pepper into a small bowl
- Brush pita triangles with the oil and place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before plating and serving
- you can add some crushed garlic to the oil or garlic powder or spice up the oil with some pepper flakes or any flavour you prefer. You can even make them sweet by adding brown sugar instead of salt and cinnamon if you want to use them with a sweet dip