Creamy Bruschetta Dip
Simple ingredients that just totally work perfectly together and also very simple to put together quickly if you have unexpected guests and of course have all these ingredients handy. I have made it so many times and it’s always a hit and there’s never any left over. People always request the recipe when I’m make it for others. It’s simple, addictively good and a total crowd pleaser. What more could you want from an appetiser? It’s one of those recipes that really and truly doesn’t have a recipe. You can add extra or use less of any of the ingredients. You want more goat cheese - go for to. More basil - your choice. You get what I mean and as far as the vinaigrette goes - you can add as little or as much balsamic, olive oil and salt and pepper as you prefer.
I serve it with pita chips, or baguette crisps either store bought or homemade ones. They are super easy to make at home if you have pita bread or a baguette - also customizable. The recipe below is for making a quick batch of pita chips but you can easily use slices of baguette in its place. Something crispy like them are the best choice because they have the perfect crunch and are sturdy enough to dip into and scrape the goodness off the plate. It’s also tasty by the spoonful too, so feel free to use any means you want to get it off the serving plate. No judgments here.
Goat cheese dip
- 10 oz plain goat cheese
- 4-5 of tomatoes chopped (seeds removed preferably)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you want it) minced or grated
- 4 tbsp of olive oil (more if needed)
- 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a serving tray of your liking crumble or smooth the goat cheese evenly
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oil and vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, spoon over goat cheese and drizzle with more olive oil and balsamic if you want the goat cheese to be a little more wet or marinated.
- Serve with pita chips and enjoy!!
Pita chip recipe
- 6-8 pitas (white, whole wheat or gluten free) sliced into triangle
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine oil and salt and pepper into a small bowl
- Brush pita triangles with the oil and place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before plating and serving
- You can add some crushed garlic to the oil or garlic powder or spice up the oil with some pepper flakes or any flavour you prefer. You can even make them sweet by adding brown sugar instead of salt and cinnamon if you want to use them with a sweet dip
- For more intense flavours to develop in your bruschetta mix - allow the tomatoes to marinate in the olive oil, balsamic and garlic for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. When ready to use, remove from refrigerator and add fresh basil. Spread bruschetta over the top of the cheese as directed and enjoy.