Lemon Blueberry Crunch Pie
Summer is all about simple cooking and no bake treats. This no bake pie with a lemon blueberry filling and a crunchy granola crust is just the easiest to whip up and great to make a ahead and stash in your freezer for company or just to have an icy treat to come home to. I made this recipe in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill to showcase their brand new line of Pan-Baked Granolas. They come in 4 different flavours and are fabulous. Although these granolas are delicious on their own for breakfast or as a snack, I thought I would get creative and use them in some unexpected and delicious ways. I can’t wait to show you what I make with the rest of them.
The crust is very simple. It’s made with Bob’s Red Mill Lemon Blueberry Granola which is perfect with this lemon blueberry filling. All you need is granola and butter to make the crust and it sets really well in the freezer. Their granolas are just like homemade granola and I say that honestly as their ingredient list looks a lot like my recipe for my homemade granola. It’s USDA Certified Organic, Kosher, and Non-GMO Project Certified, also made with Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Oats and GFCO Certified (Gluten Free).
The filling is so easy to whip up and it’s loaded with blueberries and lemon juice which makes this pie even more fresh and flavourful. The original recipe for the filling calls for whipped topping and I almost never use whipped topping but I did find a really good organic coconut whipped topping that I was comfortable using. It was delicious with it. The whipped topping gives the filing some stability and a lovely, frothy, mousse-like texture.
Together the two are perfect and we couldn’t stop eating it. It’s has a luscious and light texture when left to thaw before serving but can easily be eaten right out the freezer as an icy treat. We enjoyed it both ways. I found it was easier to cut the pieces and transfer them to the serving plate when it was frozen and allow them to sit for a few minutes before serving as opposed to cutting slices when it has started to thaw - whatever works, or you might just have to serve it right out the freezer a few forks on the side and just enjoy it straight from the pie. I have partnered up with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this fabulous recipe, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Olive & Mango.
For the crust
- 1½ cups finely crushed Bob’s Red Mill Lemon Blueberry Granola (you can use a rolling pin to crush it in a ziplock bag or a couple pulses in the food processor)
- 6 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
For the filling
- 2 cups blueberries plus more for topping
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 (8-oz) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In medium bowl mix together the granola and butter butter and then press mixture on bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate or tart pan and chill in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Puree the blueberries in a food processor until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the berry purée with sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and whipped topping until smooth and fully incorporated. Pour into pie shell. Top with blueberries. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 4-6 hours.
- Remove pie a few minutes before serving and then slice and serve.
Adapted from Parade