Nutella S'mores Bars
The official dessert of summer has never looked or tasted better than with this Nutella twist. S’mores treats are one of my favorite treats year-round but I especially love them in the summer time. I decided to recreate that classic treat by turning it into a blondie or bar, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.
These are so simple to make and unlike other s’mores bars - these are not made or baked layer by layer. That means they are a lot quicker to bake which ultimately means they hit your lips a lot faster too!
How do you guys feel about Fluff? I’m totally fine with using it as it’s pretty much the same as using store bought marshmallows. But if I had the time and wanted to make it myself my go to recipe for fluff is here
I love the texture that that little bit of graham cracker crumb gives these bars and I love how gooey they are from the Nutella, fluff and little puddles of chocolate. The crumbled graham crackers cookies over top add the perfect bit of crunch. These are just the best - and I hope you guys get a chance to try them - campfire not necessary!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons semisweet chocolate morsels
- ⅓ cup Nutella or any brand chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¾ cup marshmallow crème such as Fluff
- 1 cup broken graham cracker pieces
- reheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper for easy removal of bars (I used a square pan with removable bottom)
- Whisk the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl to combine and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Once melted remove from heat and whisk in sugars. Whisk in the vanilla and then the eggs, blending and whisking eggs vigorously until well combined. Stir in the flour mixture, mixing just until blended. Fold in ½ cup milk semisweet morsels.
- Spread about ¾ of the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Dollop the Nutella evenly over the batter and gently spread it so that every bar (once cut) has a portion. Dollop the marshmallow crème evenly over all then scrape rest of the batter into pan. Using an offset spatula or knife gently swirl the Nutella and fluff into the batter. Scatter the remaining 4 tablespoons of semisweet morsels over and the graham cracker pieces all over batter
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center shows several moist crumbs when removed. The bars should be light golden brown, slightly puffed, and the edges will have begun to come away from the sides of the pan. Do not over bake. Cool in the pan set on a rack. Cut into 16 bars (4 x 4). Store at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container in single layers separated by parchment paper.